Located in Mystic, CT, M A C has been providing successful graphic designs for local and national clients for over a decade. Our hallmarks are creativity, careful communication, and conscientious follow-through. We take our clients’ business goals to heart. Logo Design and Book Design are our specialties, but we do all kinds of design projects—see the Graphic Design page for a list of some of our most frequently requested design services.
- The We of M A C
- Over the years I have had the pleasure of working with very fine printers, photographers, public relations experts, sign makers, web developers, illustrators, writers, and other specialists. They are the “WE” of M A C—the human resources I can call on to make up my team. With our collective know-how clients can count on professional and efficient solutions to their design needs.
- Personal, Integral
- I work with each client personally to explore the essence of their project. Each project is a unique collaboration that draws on my experience of art, design, production, business, travel, and life. Also, as a long-time meditator and lightworker, I take a holistic, integral approach which deliberately taps into a deeper intuitive dimension for sources of inspiration. This often leads to a remarkable sense of “rightness.”
- Marie‘s Background
- I grew up doing displays in my family’s clothing store, and saw the power of visual presentation. Customers would often ask for exactly the items I’d put together in a display. Although I also studied Fine Arts, I majored in Comparative Literature in college. I tend to understand ideas visually so in order to explain the complex meaning of literary works, I would sometimes sketch out the connections and relationships on a big piece of paper on the floor. After school I worked as an Electrical Drafter and Designer in New York City laying out schematic diagrams for large electrical systems. In the late 1980’s and 1990’s I lived on the island of Virgin Gorda where I oversaw the renovation of an amazing, open-to-nature villa compound built among the boulders above the famous Baths. It became a location for photo shoots and a vacation rental for celebrities. During that time I also painted in watercolor and showed and sold my paintings. When I returned to the “real world” I went back to school for Graphic Design. It was the natural choice to pull all my background, talents, and enthusiasms together. I opened M A C (my initials and also the designer’s computer of choice—destiny?) in 1999.
- About the Color of this Website
- Color has esoteric meaning and emotional impact. We can feel the cheer of yellow, the passion of red, the serenity of blue. As a lightworker, I’ve had intensive training and decades of practice in attuning my awareness of color energies. Yellow Orange combines the yellow of wisdom and the orange of happiness, or the yellow gold of soul knowledge and the orange of evolutionary communiction depending on your wisdom teachers.... But as direct experience, which we have access to here on screen, color provides an infusion of its deep energies to heal and inform. So consider taking a few moments to just look at the color field of the home page. It can be a meditation and a healing. Relax and enjoy happy wisdom!
Marie A. Carija